Thursday, May 7, 2015

A Burst of Poetry

Well, I just got back today from a trip. I was traveling with part of my college choir for a miniature tour/vacation. Before the tour started we were each assigned prayer partners. You were to pray for these people, but the system is also a 'Secret Santa' sort of thing. Every day you are to give a note and/or a little gift of some kind. So I wrote a note and, because of some idea I wanted to express, I said to myself "I think a little poem would be fun/cute here."
So I wrote a little one-stanza poem, four lines long. And the idea grew. From then on, I found myself writing more and more poetry. As I've expressed to my friends several times already, my poetry writing in these past four days has been more productive than the last several months! :)
So in the next few posts, I'm going to put up some of the poems that I've written in the last few days. I hope you enjoy them!
Here's one to start us off.

Wheels
The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round
From watching them go 'round I've found
That there really isn't much to see.
No pardon me, I'm very dizzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment