Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Finished With My Second Novel

So today's post is an update about my writing project. I'm writing to let you all know that I have finished the first draft of my second novel. This is a project that I started a while ago and which I picked back up this summer. I finished the first draft yesterday, and I am happy with it. I'm going to let it sit for a while before I go back to read it so that I can critique and start my second draft of the book.
Finishing the last part of the book was strange because I looked at what I had written and wondered whether I had finished the book. I don't mean that I said to myself "This is an incomplete ending", but I felt like I looked over the pages and wondered how I got to the end of the book so quickly.
Now I'm brainstorming for a third novel and planning ahead for that. While I did not do much planning for my first two books, I want to do some more involved planning for my third, because I think it will help me to write this one more quickly (and concisely) than the second.
This will be my first attempt at planning a novel before writing it, so it will be a different experience for me. I've read plenty of material about the subject and I'm familiar with many of the methods that writers use.
I'm excited to move onto a new thing and to be in a new stage of writing, at least for a little while, until my preparations are done for this next book. As I said, hopefully the prep work will mean that my writing will flow more easily and quickly than it does now.

No comments:

Post a Comment